Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut
The 2023 Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut will take place on February 25, 2023.
Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut Virtual Challenge
The 2023 Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut Virtual Challenge will take place from February 18 to 24 and February 26 to March 12, 2023. Register for your distance, ski the event on your own or with friends and family during these dates and then record your results. Note that you may register for and ski more than one distance if you would like. We just ask that you register for each different distance that you ski. Further details are on the event registration page (click on the registration button below). The link to record your results will be available on the Results page once the Virtual Challenge starts.
New this year is the Coast Outdoors Paw’yak! Register and ski the virtual Paw’yak with your pooch! There will be bandanas for the first 100 entries plus draw prizes and more for those who want to ski the Virtual Challenge with their four-legged buddy. Note that this is part of the Virtual Challenge only; please do not bring your pets to the actual event.
If you have questions about your registration, please contact the Race Secretary. Do not contact Zone4 support as that is only for software issues and they have no authority to adjust registrations. The staff at Coast Outdoors also cannot help you with registration. Only a CVXC volunteer can help you; just click on the “Contact Us” link above. We cannot change your personal registration after sign-up is closed.
Registrations for the 2023 Payak and Payak Virtual Challenge event are now open. Click on the button below to register.
Please see the Fees page for the registration timeline.
- Please read the instructions carefully on the registration event page.
- You will have the option of registering for free (including skating) or classic technique.
- There will be NO day of race registration.
- There will not be any refunds for cancellation out of the event for any reason.
- You will be expected to ski (and will be timed for) the distance that you have registered for. If you do not ski that distance, you will not receive a time and will be disqualified.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Although we discourage changes to your registration, we will allow them with a $10 change fee until January 31 and a $15 change fee after that. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES WILL BE PERMITTED AFTER REGISTRATION CLOSE. Changes to technique will not be allowed after registering.
- Although this is a free technique event, for those that plan on skiing classic only, you have the option of specifying the technique that you will be skiing as “Classic” (only) when you register. This will be reported in the results so that you can compare yourself to others also planning on skiing classic as well. However, due to the logistics involved in identifying those that selected classic and the fact that we do not yet have the numbers to justify running a separate classic event, we will not be enforcing technique and there will be no separate breakdown of classic skiers for prizing or otherwise.
After registering, we recommend that you check the Zone4 confirmation list to be sure you have registered correctly. If you have not received an e-mail confirmation, you are likely not registered (don’t forget to check your Junk mail folder and spam software though).