Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut
The 2022 Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut will take place on February 26, 2022. All participants and volunteers 12 years of age and older must be double-vaccinated for COVID-19.
In the event that organizers are forced to cancel due to COVID-19 restrictions, your registration will transfer to next year. If you cannot attend and request reimbursement, you will be refunded upon request in January, 2023. Thank you for your understanding.
Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut Virtual Challenge
The 2022 Coast Outdoors P’ayakentsut Virtual Challenge will take place from February 27 to March 6, 2022. Register for your distance, ski the event during these dates and then record your results. Note that you may register for and ski more than one distance if you would like. We just ask that you register for each different distance that you ski. Further details are on the event registration page (click on the registration button below).
If you have questions about your registration, please contact the Race Secretary. Do not contact Zone4 support as that is only for software issues and they have no authority to adjust registrations. The staff at Coast Outdoors also cannot help you with registration. Only a CVXC volunteer can help you; just click on the “Contact Us” link above. Â We cannot change your personal registration after sign-up is closed.
Registrations for the 2022 Payak and Payak Virtual Challenge event are now open. Click on the button below to register for either event or to enter your results for the Virtual Challenge.
Please see the Fees page for the registration timeline.
- Please read the instructions carefully on the registration event page.
- You will have the option of registering for free (including skating) or classic technique.
- There will be NO day of race registration.
- There will not be any refunds for cancellation out of the event for any reason.
- You will be expected to ski (and will be timed for) the distance that you have registered for. If you do not ski that distance, you will not receive a time and will be disqualified.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Although we discourage changes to your registration, we will allow them with a $10 change fee until January 31 and a $15 change fee after that. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES WILL BE PERMITTED AFTER REGISTRATION CLOSE. Changes to technique will not be allowed after registering.
- Although this is a free technique event, for those that plan on skiing classic only, you have the option of specifying the technique that you will be skiing as “Classic” (only) when you register. This will be reported in the results so that you can compare yourself to others also planning on skiing classic as well. However, due to theÂ logistics involved in identifying those that selected classicÂ and the fact that we do not yet have the numbers to justify running a separate classic event, we will not be enforcing technique and there will be no separate breakdown of classic skiers for prizing or otherwise.
After registering, we recommend that you check the Zone4 confirmation list to be sure you have registered correctly. If you have not received an e-mail confirmation, you are likely not registered (don’t forget to check your Junk mail folder and spam software though).